I’ve been very blessed to have been able to travel a lot. Just this year, I’ve gone to so many places – some old, some new – and I’m so grateful for all of it. In fact, it’s had me thinking about all my favourite travel moments so far and experiences that will always have a special moment in my heart.
- Climbing the Eiffel Tower at night and watching Paris sparkle
- Seeing Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and falling in love with musical theatre all over again
- Watching a seasoned jazz singer perform on a boat along the River Seine and being told by him that I have a beautiful smile
- Witnessing the majestic Connemara mountain range with fog covering the peaks inspiring me to get two travel tattoos
- Celebrating Bastille Day twice in Paris – one watching the fireworks, the other meeting a French soldier
- Feasting on chocolate and fries in Bruges
- Being wowed by the Victoria and Albert museum in London
- Walking around the Latin Quartier at 6am in the rain and having it all to myself
- Wandering through a spooky New York hotel in a mask at 11pm on Valentine’s Day and witnessing orgies, madmen and murder
- Meeting so many different people from all around the world who were able to share these memories with me
These are just a few of my favourite experiences. What have been your favourite travel moments?